Friday 23 December 2011

Already found her Romeo - inspired by my observations of a close friend

She stands at the balcony calling his name
Without sounds she wills me forward
And for a moment I’m feeling so sane
The silence is such a flawed password

I think I cracked it but she needs him
Leaves me so weak and confused
She’s already taken and it would be a sin
To pursue but love has left me bemused

I’m feeling used but I keep her company
She needs me for laughs but him for sleep
I’m left in sorrow my soul in a cemetery
others have their opinions I see them peep

I hear them talk and speak of ‘why does he
Seek Juliet when she has already found
Her Romeo?’ and I feel death to a part of me
It’s like she has me in her grip I’m spellbound  

I wish I could walk away but I hold on
In the hope that she leaves him tomorrow
I feel sadness and sorrow as I keep on
Living on emotions that I’ve borrowed

I see pictures of you both and I never cry
Everything stays bottles up inside so you can stay
And visit to show me affection with your eyes
I’ll compromise with your false public displays

…that’s all I need….

No comments:

Post a Comment